Agricultural Catchments Programme
Cathal's research interests include agricultural, environmental and natural resource economics. Since joining the ACP in December 2008 his research has focused on analysis of the socio-economic impact of the implementation of the measures contained in the National Action Programme under the Nitrates Directive (S.I. 378 of 2006) on farms in the catchments and nationally. This research focuses on nutrient management efficiency among farmers, adoption of nutrient management best practices and provision of environmental public goods related to agriculture.
Prior to joining the Agricultural Catchments Programme Cathal’s research was in the area of non-market valuation techniques to estimate recreational demand for walking in Ireland.
- Ph.D, National University of Ireland, Galway
- M.Econ.Sc, National University of Ireland, Galway
- M.Ag.Sc. from University College Dublin
- B.Ag.Sc. from University College Dublin
- European Association of Environmental and resource economists (EAERE)
- Irish Environmental Economist Network (IEEN).
- Agricultural Economics Society (AES).
- Agricultural Economics Society of Ireland (AESI).
- International Water Association (IWA).