Teagasc Heavy Soils Dairy Programme: Objectives
- The establishment of a research programme to
find the most cost effective and efficient means
of increasing profitability on heavy soils.
- To establish commercially focused, expanding
family farms demonstrating financially rewarding
- To hold regular farm focus days to provide
timely, accurate and challenging information to
help decision making.
- To provide guidance in the design,
construction and operation of new low cost
grass-based dairy farm infrastructure,
incorporating the most efficient and cost
effective technologies for land and pasture
- Inform the dairy industry about activities
and innovations in heavy soil dairying in order
to increase overall profitability.