Prospective Students Please Note.
FETAC has introduced a new Common Awards System for all accredited further education awards. This involves the introduction of a new credit system for modules and significant changes to programme structure and content. Teagasc is currently engaged in 'migrating' (moving) its agriculture, equine, horticulture and forestry and other programmes to the FETAC Common Awards. The details of FETAC courses given on this site refer to programmes strucures and content that existed prior to the FETAC Common Awards.
Details of the revised programmes will be posted on this site on completion of the migration process for each programme.
These further level courses are suitable for people who wish to make a career in agriculture but who do not wish to complete a higher level course. FETAC accredited courses are suitable for future farmers and for people seeking employment on farms.
- Certificate in Agriculture - FETAC Level 5
- Advanced Certificate in Agriculture (Distance Education Option) - FETAC Level 6
- Advanced Certificate in Agriculture (Dairy Herd Management) - FETAC Level 6
- Advanced Certificate in Agriculture (Drystock Management) - FETAC Level 6
- Advanced Certificate in Agriculture (Agricultural Mechanisation) - FETAC Level 6
- Advanced Certificate in Agriculture (Crop & Machinery Management) - FETAC Level 6
The higher level courses are run in partnership with various Institutes of Technology. These courses are accredited by HETAC. They provide the education and training needed by future farmers and skilled workers in the agri industry.
- Higher Certificate in Agricultur – HETAC Level 6 / Bachelor of Science in Agriculture - HETAC Level 7
- Higher Certificate in Technology in Agricultural Mechanisation - HETAC Level 6
- Bachelor of Business in Rural Enterprise and Agribusiness – HETAC Level 7
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture and Environmental Management - HETAC Level 7
- Batchelor of Science in Agricultural Science - HETAC Level 7
- BSc in Land Management in Horticulture – HETAC Level 8
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science (Hons) in Dairy Business – HETAC Level 8
- Teagasc Professional Diploma in Dairy Farm Management – HETAC Level 7