Prospective Students Please Note.
FETAC has introduced a new Common Awards System for all accredited further education awards. This involves the introduction of a new credit system for modules and significant changes to programme structure and content. Teagasc is currently engaged in 'migrating' (moving) its agriculture, equine, horticulture and forestry and other programmes to the FETAC Common Awards. The details of FETAC courses given on this site refer to programmes strucures and content that existed prior to the FETAC Common Awards.
Details of the revised programmes will be posted on this site on completion of the migration process for each programme.
Teagasc offers courses in horticulture at its two horticultural colleges. These full-time courses provide students with the opportunity to acquire management knowledge and skills to effectively manage and carry out day-to-day tasks and long term management of commercial horticultural enterprises. The FETAC accredited courses are suitable for those seeking employment as supervisors, technicians and unit mangers or for seeking employment in the horticultural business service sector.
For those who wish to obtain a higher qualification Teagasc offers a Bachelor of Science in Horticulture which provides students with a firm grounding in technical skills in areas of landscape design and construction, sport turf management, nursery stock production and food crop production. They also gain an understanding of the concepts and processes of management and information technology.
- Certificate in Horticulture - FETAC Level 4
- Certificate in Horticulture - FETAC Level 5
- Advanced Certificate in Horticulture - FETAC Level 6
- Advanced Certificate in Golf and Sports Turf Management - FETAC Level 6
- Bachelor of Science in Horticulture - HETAC Level 7
- Bachelor of Science in Horticulture Honours Degree - HETAC Level 8
- BSc in Land Management in Horticulture – HETAC Level 8