Data Protection is all about protecting the fundamental rights of living persons, specifically the right to the protection of one's personal data. Teagasc is committed to upholding Irish and European Union Data Protection laws.
Data Protection Impact Assessments
Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Principles
Personal data shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and transparently
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed (scientific research exception)
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
- accurate and kept up to date (erased/rectified without delay)
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data
The controller shall be responsible for, and be able to demonstrate compliance.