Education Officer Carlow
Grainne O'Shea - Teagasc, Oak Park, Carlow, Co. Carlow.
Education Officer Wexford
Kevin Sheehan - Teagasc, The Showgrounds, Gorey, Co. Wexford
|Level 5 Certificate in Agriculture||Teagasc Advisory Offices, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford & Tinahely, Co. Wicklow||Commenced Sept 2021, finish April 2023 (depending on Covid-19 restrictions)||Grainne O'Shea|
|Level 6 Specific Purpose Certificate in Farming||Teagasc Advisory Offices, Johnstown Castle, Co. Wexford & Tinahely, Co. Wicklow||Commenced April 2022, finish March 2023(depending on Covid-19 restrictions)||Grainne O'Shea|
Agri-Environment Training Scheme
Teagasc Wicklow/Carlow/Wexford is hosting walk-in clinics at all our offices on Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th May 2022 to help farmers apply for the new AETS scheme: https://www.gov.ie/en/service/30bf5-agri-environment-training-scheme-aets/
What is AETS?
A voluntary 1-day training course with an indoor and outdoor session that aims to:
- Help farmers prepare for the new Agri-Environment scheme AECM (Agri Environment Climate Measures).
- Train farmers in environmental practices and standards.
- Promote awareness of the importance of farm safety.
Participating farmers are paid €156 for attending and the course is open to all BPS participants
To make applying for a course as easy as possible we are holding drop-in clinics on in our offices at:
- Enniscorthy Wednesday & Thursday 18th & 19th May
- Johnstown Castle Wednesday & Thursday 18th & 19th May
- Oak Park Wednesday & Thursday 18th & 19th May
- Tinahely Thursday & Friday 19th & 20th May
- Gorey Thursday & Friday 19th & 20th May
To complete you application on the day you must:
- Complete a DAFM questionnaire (Teagasc staff will help with this if needed).
- Bring in a copy of your bank statement, which clearly shows your name, and address with bank details for the account that your BPS is paid into - this is to ensure you receive payment for course attendance.
- Accept the AETS Terms and Conditions on your own Agfood Account (please bring in your own Agfood account details). If you do not have an Agfood account Teagasc staff will provide you with a letter to sign – please note all herd/joint herd/partnership members must sign. A nominee is not allowed sign.
You do not need to make an appointment – please drop in during the dates/times above and Teagasc Staff will assist you.
For information about our nationally available courses please visit the Education Section of our website