Knowledge Transfer Groups Programme
A new Department of Agriculture discussion groups programme will start this autumn. Farmers who participate in discussion groups farm better and make more money.
- Sign up for a 3 year period
- Attend 5 group meetings each year
- Complete a Farm Improvement Plan
- Receive €750 per year
You have until the 11th of September to join one of the groups that will take part in the programme. Contact your Teagasc office today.
What are the benefits?
- Improve your profitability
- Learn from the experiences of others
- Increased contact with your advisor
- Deal with problems as a group
- Gain new skills and knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with current issues
- Enjoy interaction with like-minded individuals
- Discuss issues in a friendly, open environment
- Receive €750 per year as part of the programme which will run for three years.
The new programme
The new programme, which runs for three years, follows on from previous discussion programmes but with a few notable differences. The focus remains on profitability, breeding, animal health and environmental sustainability. Any farmers participating in the Programme will be required to:
- Attend five Knowledge Exchange (Group) meetings and/or four meetings plus one DAFM approved national event.
- Complete a Farm Improvement Plan in year 1 in conjunction with their facilitator/adviser. This plan will continue to be updated in years 2 & 3 of the programme;
- Draw up Animal Health measures targeting areas such as calf health, biosecurity etc. in conjunction with an approved vet who has undergone DAFM training for the programme.
How to apply
Farmers have until the 11th of September to apply to join one of the groups that will take part in the programme. You should contact your local Teagasc office immediately to register your interest.