Working with Teagasc
Teagasc is the leading agriculture and food research organisation in Ireland. It is the national body responsible for research, training and advice for the agri-food industry. With over 1,200 staff covering these three interrelated but separate areas and 52 locations throughout the country you certainly won't want for variety at Teagasc. Teagasc offers a number of benefits and opportunities to staff including:
Staff Deveopment | Gender equality, diversity and inclusion | Staff Benefits | Recognition Programme | Staff Wellbeing | Teagasc Policies
Our people are key to our success. We recognise this and are committed to supporting staff to flourish and achieve their potential with an annual staff development budget of over €2m.
Through T-Learn, our bespoke learning management system, staff have access to a wealth of e-learning courses
A sample of our in-house learning programmes are list below
- Leadership Development Programme - QQI Level 9
- Management Development Programme
- Advisory Professional Development Programme
- Mid-career Checkpoint Programme
- Leading from Within
- Excelling in the Workplace Programme
- Funding for Level 7/8/9/10 third Level Training
- Funding technical programmes for our researchers, advisors, educators and professional services staff.
- Retirement Planning
We are committed advancing a culture of gender equality in our organisation.We believe in growing and keeping alive an open, diverse and inclusive workplace which is respectful to all and nurtures different perspectives, for the benefit of all in our organisation.
Equal Opportunities - Teagasc will ensure that everyone in Teagasc will have equal opportunities to achieve their potential
No Barriers - Teagasc will ensure there are no barriers to achieving gender equality within the organisation
Active Inclusion - Teagasc will actively ensure that all voices in the organisation are heard and that staff are empowered to share their views and ideas
- Defined benefit pension scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Paid sick leave scheme
- Flexible working/unpaid leave schemes
- Cycle to Work and Taxsaver Commuter Ticket schemes
- Agile Working Programme – home working, core hours
The Teagasc Recognition Programme is an initiative to help the organisation recognise the great work of our staff through peer to peer recognition. We acknowledge and encourage behaviours and actions aligned with Teagasc’s organisational values.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health checks
- Occupational health advisor
- Flu vaccinations
- Dignity at Work Policy with employee advocate support
Teagasc People Strategy
Teagasc Gender Equality Plan
- Code of Conduct (PDF)
- Teagasc Protected Disclosures Policy (PDF)
- Disclosures should be made in the first instance to the Staff Representative on the Authority – Martina Donnelly - Martina.Donnelly@teagasc.ie 091 845246.
- Disclosures can also be made to the Chief Operations Officer, the Director, the Chairman of the Audit & Risk Committee or the Chairman of the Authority.
- Staff Handbook