CECRA is a competence development programme for advisers and consultants working in rural areas that combines practical training with tried and tested advisory techniques.
What is CECRA?
CECRA stands for Certificate for European Consultants in Rural Areas and is a competence development programme for advisors and consultants. The aim of the programme is to create a standard within advisory skills across Europe. CECRA helps participants to improve their advisory and extension techniques. Teagasc is an approved provider of CECRA training in Ireland. A series of advisory skills training modules have been developed for an Irish context and are now available for consultants and advisors in Ireland.
What are the benefits?
- Participants develop their skills and knowledge in advisory techniques as well as self-development.
- Strong practical training centred on participants needs
- Learn about independent planning, implementation and evaluation of individuals and groups, educational events and projects.
- Reflect on the professional activities in your various consulting and training roles and develop your personality profile on an ongoing basis.
- Meet like-minded colleagues and establish a transnational network.
- You acquire additional methodological knowledge that will increase your success in your advisory and extension activities.
Find out more
Course fee: €300
If you have a question about any of the courses above please email email@example.com .
2017 CECRA Training Schedule
Simply click on the module title to register.
|Facilitation and Discussion Group Management
Learn the principles of group faciliation and how to successfull apply a variety of techniques.
|9||Teagasc, Mellowes College, Athenry||28 - 29 September 2017|
|Rhetoric and Presentation Skills
Learn the skill of presentation and how to structure a technical lecture. Learn how to manage disturbances.
|4||Teagasc, Training and Conference Centre, Ashtown, Dublin||5 - 6 October 2017|
|Extension Methods and Activities
Learn about systemic thinking in the context of advisory work and how to get the most from an advisory visit.
|7||Teagasc, Moorepark, Fermoy, Co. Cork||19 - 20 October 2017|
|Team work and team leadership
Learn the principles of team leadership and how to effectively assemble, use and motivate teams.
|3||Teagasc, Oak Park, Co. Carlow||19 - 20 October 2017|
|Marketing and Public Relations
Learn how to successfully promote yourself and your business using various communication media and channels.
|10||Teagasc, Moorepark, Fermoy, Co. Cork||19 - 20 October 2017|
|Self and Time Management
Learn how to set priorities and organise your work and reflect on and refine your own work behaviour.
|5||Teagasc, Moorepark, Fermoy, Co. Cork||9 - 10 November 2017|