Certificate in Business Strategy
This residential course is aimed at farmers who wish to create a medium term business strategy for their farm business.
The course consists of business related subjects such as:
- strategy formulation
- self and people management
- finance etc.
It is relevant to all farmers and farm enterprise mixes.
There are no academic requirements to join the course though participants must have been running their farm business for several years.
Each participant will apply learnings on the course to create a strategy document for their own unique circumstances. This strategy document will assist participants to achieve their vision for their business and family. Successful completion of the course leads to a certificate accredited by UCD.
Location and dates
The course will be delivered at the Horse & Jockey Hotel, Co. Tipperary in Autumn 2022 over six days:
- November 1 - Introduction to the Programme
- November 2 - Creating the Right Strategy for Growth
- November 3 - Financing the Future Strategy
- December 5 - Key Stakeholder Relationships
- December 6 - Bringing the Strategy to Implementation
Final day Thursday, 12 January
Participants will present their 5 year business strategy.
Lunch and award of Certificates of Completion
- Course accredited by UCD
- Complete before next calving season
- Residential, excellent networking
- Business insights from other industries
- Identify your management style
- No academic qualifications required
The course will be delivered by:
- Professor Karan Sonpar - Professor of Management and Academic Director of MBA Programs at UCD Smurfit UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School.
- Professor John McCallig - Assistant Professor in the Accountancy Subject Area of UCD School of Business.
- Helen Brophy - Director of Smurfit Executive Development at UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School
- Stephen Boyle - Lecturer on Executive and Full-Time MBA and MSc Programmes at UCD Smurfit School
Farmer graduates of the strategy course at the conferring ceremony in UCD.