Certificate in Crop Nutrition Management
This QQI Level 6 award provides learners with technical knowledge required to understand soil fertility and nutrient requirements of grassland, tillage and energy crops.
This course will be delivered by Teagasc specialists and researchers at a number of Teagasc's research and education centres across Ireland over 6.5 days. Training will be provided in both in-field and classroom environment.
This course will cover the following areas:
- Soils and nutrient availability
- Soil testing and interpretation of soil results
- Fertiliser type selection and organic manures
- Crop nutrition and farm fertiliser planning
- Fertiliser equipment and application techniques
- Identification of major and minor plant deficiencies in crops
- Nutrient legislation and farm cross compliance
- Introduction to Major and Minor Nutrient advice for Productive
- Agricultural Crops (Green Book).
Partipants of this course will receive a Level 6 QQI Certificate upon successful completion of this course.
IASIS points are also available for this course. 35 points are available in the year of certification and a further 35 in the year following certification.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course has been designed to support anyone working in as crop nutritionist, agricultural consultant or working in the fertiliser industry.
Upon completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Assess soil fertility and crop nutrient requirements
- Advise producers on best fertiliser us for a range of crops
- Apply new technology for the efficient use of fertilisers and
- organic manures
- Interpret nutrient legislation and farm fertiliser planning
The fee for this Level 6 Professional Certificate is €750 for non-members and €650 for Teagasc ConnectEd members. Fees are eligible for tax relief.