Introduction to Food Innovation & New Product Development
For the Food and Beverage sector
Whether you are new to food innovation/product development or want to improve your pipeline of innovative food products, this one day workshop will introduce you to a wide range of best practice options and real life case studies.
When and where will this take place?
1st April | 9am-5pm | Teagasc Food Research Centre, Ashtown, Dublin 15
Who is this workshop designed for?
- Entrepreneurs who have a development project to complete who have a food product idea
- Individuals currently not working in the food processing area but feel they have a potential food product idea worth pursuing.
- Staff working in the Food & Beverage Sector who have responsibility for or involvement in Innovation / NPD activities
What will I learn if I attend?
- Obtain an overview of the Innovation / New Product Development (NPD) process
- Be able to apply a structured approach to Innovation / NPD
- Be able to identify gaps in your own innovation / NPD practices and implement improvements
- Hear how one food entrepreneur has made it work
- Obtain an overview of your regulatory and labelling responsibilities
- Learn about Teagasc expertise and NPD facilities available
Format of the event
One day workshop including presentations, group based activities, case studies and tour of pilot facilities.
The fee for this course is €300 per participant. This includes all course materials, lunch and tea/coffee.