Introduction to Food Innovation & New Product Development
Virtual Workshop for the Food and Beverage sector
Whether you are new to food innovation/new product development or want to improve your pipeline of innovative food products, this workshop delivered over two half day sessions will introduce you to a wide range of best practice methods and real life case studies.
When will this take place?
16th & 23rd June 2020 | 9.50am to 12.45pm each day.
Who is this virtual workshop designed for?
- Entrepreneurs and small food producers, wishing to build their knowledge in relation to food innovation and new product development.
- Food technologists, brand managers and development chefs working in the food & beverage processing sectors who have responsibility for, or involvement in, Innovation and/or new product development activities.
What will I learn if I attend?
- Understand the Food Innovation/New Product Development (NPD) process and the different stages involved and apply it within your business/workplace.
- Be aware of the stages involved from idea generation to scale up to running production trials.
- Understand what affects the shelf-life of food products, how to potentially extend shelf-life and how to instigate trials.
- Be aware of the range of packaging solutions available.
- Obtain an overview of your regulatory and labelling responsibilities
- Gain an understanding of the nutritional and health claims you may be in a position to use for your products.
- Learn about Teagasc expertise and the analytical and scale up facilities available for use by food businesses.
- The experiences of a successful Food Entrepreneur in starting a new food business, developing innovative products and scaling their business and product offerings.
Format of the event
This interactive virtual training workshop will be delivered using a mix of presentations, breakout and Q & A sessions. It will be facilitated by Teagasc NPD and Sensory experts, with further input from Teagasc Food Industry Development staff and the Food Safety Authority of Ireland. A successful food entrepreneur will also bring us through their business and product development journey.
Course Venue & Fee
This course will be delivered virtually using an on-line platform, over two morning sessions (16th & 23rd June 2020). The fee for this event is €100 per participant.