Master Class in Soil Health & Quality
Date: Next course to be announced
Venue: Teagasc Advisory Training Centre, Johnstown Castle, Co. Wexford. Eircode: Y35 HK54
IASIS Points: 20
Soils have many functions to carry out during the growing season such as supplying plant nutrients, enabling good crop rooting to anchor the crop, storing and resupplying water over the summer months and supressing pathogens and crop diseases to name but a few.
Assessing soil structure and health will be a key component of future proofing Irish
agriculture to meet both sustainable production and environmental goals into the future.
Who is this training for?
This Master Class will focus on the up skilling of agricultural advisors and consultants with the knowledge and skills to assess soil structure and health.
What will you learn?
- Techniques for assessing soil structure
- Identification of soil compaction in tillage soils
- Formulating field solutions for soil compaction
- Tillage soil cultivation systems and minimising soil compaction
- The role of organic manures and soil health
- Cover cropping options and soil health
|2.00pm||Tools for soil structure assessment|
|2.30pm||Assessing soil structure|
|3.00pm||Managing soil compaction|
|3.30pm||Soils and cultivation systems|
|4.00pm||Organic matter sources and soil health|
|4.30pm||Cover crops and soil health|