Certificate in Ruminant Nutrition
This Level 6 Certificate in Ruminant Nutrition has been designed to develop your understanding of the factors affecting ruminant digestion.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- specify suitable diets for livestock depending on their nutrient requirements,
- understand the impact nutrition on efficency of production
- appraise ingredients for use in ruminant diets.
Who should attend this course?
This course is a must for anyone providing advice on ruminant nutrition, working in the feed industry or operating as a commercial ruminant nutritonist.
This course will cover the following areas:
- Ruminant digestive tract anatomy and energy and protein metabolism
- Nutrient requirements of ruminant animals
- Use of grazed grass as a feed for ruminants
- Understanding feed analysis and use of reports
- Feed formulation
The course will be delivered over a total of 8 days comprising 4 x 2 day training blocks. To allow for a range of ruminant enterprises to be assessed by course participants it will be necessary to hold the course in a range of venues.
QQI | Level 6 Component Certificate
The fee for this Level 6 Certificate in Ruminant Nutrition is €850 for non-members and €750 for Teagasc ConnectEd members. Fees are eligible for tax relief. Payment can me made during online registration.
Cancellations up to three weeks prior to the course commencing will be given a full refund. Thereafter, no refunds will be made.