Gender, Diversity and Inclusion
Teagasc has committed to:
- Develop a diversity strategy that brings together a number of diversity initiatives across the organisation into a coherent equality and diversity framework.
- Progress, through National Partnership significant initiatives to promote gender equality in the organisation and seek to attain a relevant industry accreditation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Teagasc has developed a new Diversity and Inclusion Strategy. The strategy contains the vision, strategic objectives and action plan for achieving a more diverse and inclusive work environment. Diversity & Inclusion Strategy (PDF)
Gender Equality Plan
Teasgasc’s Gender Equality Plan is now well advanced. In developing the plan, workshops were held for staff at all levels across the organisation, including middle and senior managers. The Teagasc gender equality plan will reflect actions identified by Teagasc staff at these workshops and at previous Teagasc gender equality events.
Teagasc is curently involved in a number of gender, diversity and inclusion projects, including a H2020 collaboration with European research partners called Gender SMART.
Gender Smart is a European partnership on gender issues in agricultural and life sciences. Nine European partners will be putting equality in the workplace at the forefront of their operations. Each organization, supported by two technical partners specializing in institutional change and appraisal, has committed to develop and implement a gender equality plan, centring on four shared issues:
- Building a gender equality culture
- Developing equal career support measures
- Reshaping decision-making and governance
- Integrating gender in funding, research and teaching.
For each organization, the aim will be to adapt its action plan to its reality, taking existing inequalities and bias as its starting point and building a research and training offering that covers gender issues. Read Press Release on Gender-SMART A European partnership on gender issues in agricultural and life sciences