Steering Committee (PDF)
The Expert Panel
A Foresight Expert Panel (EP), comprising the chairs and rapporteurs of the individual TC groups supported by external experts, will be responsible for developing the Foresight knowledge base and detailed guidelines for the work of the TC groups.
The exercise will be supported by a Project Management Team (PM) drawn from within Teagasc, which will undertake the day-to-day management of the project. This team will be supported by a Foresight Consultant (FC).
Dr Lance O’Brien, Project Manager - email@example.com
Jane Kavanagh, Project Management - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Patrick Crehan, Consultant - Patrick.email@example.com
Dr Owen Carton, Consultant - firstname.lastname@example.org
Steering Committee Members
- Mr Tom Moran, former Secretary General, Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Ireland (Chairman)
- Professor Gerry Boyle, Director, Teagasc
- Professor Dan Bradley, Molecular Population Genetics, Smurfit Institute of Genetics, Trinity College Dublin
- Dr Celia Caulcott, Executive Director for Innovation and Skills, Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC), Swindon, UK
- Professor Achim Dobermann, Director & Chief Executive, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, UK
- Professor Kieran Drain, CEO, Tyndall National Institute, Lee Maltings, Cork
- Professor Alex Evans, Dean of Agriculture and Head of School of Agriculture and Food Science, University College Dublin
- Professor Charles Godfray, Director, Oxford Martin Programme on the Future of Food, Department of Zoology, Oxford University, UK
- Professor Mark Keane, Chair of Computer Science, University College Dublin
- Dr Tom Kelly, Head of Knowledge Transfer Directorate, Teagasc
- Professor Dietrich Knorr, Department of Food Biotechnology and Food Process Engineering, Berlin University of Technology, Germany
- Professor Matthew Lucy, Animal Science Faculty, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
- Dr Sinclair Mayne, Director, Sustainable Agri-Food Sciences Division, AFBI, Northern Ireland
- Dr Darrin Morrissey, Director of Programmes, Science Foundation Ireland, Dublin
- Professor Martina Newell- McGloughlin, Research Director, Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC)
- Professor John Oldham, Professor Emeritus, SRUC, Roslin Institute Building, Midlothian, Scotland
- Dr Frank O’Mara, Head of Research Directorate, Teagasc
- Dr Jean Louis Peyraud, INRA Joint Research Unit for Milk Production, Rennes, France
- Professor Wayne Powell, Chief Science Officer, CGIAR Consortium, Montpellier, France
- Professor Paul Ross, Head of College, University College Cork.
- Dr Jean Francois Soussana, Scientific Director–Environment, INRA, Paris, France.
- Secretary: Dr Lance O’Brien, Head of Strategy & International Relations, Teagasc.