Networked excellence in technology transfer
Bridge Network is a technology transfer consortium that comprises of the technology transfer offices from University College Cork, Cork Institute of Technology, Teagasc and the Institute of Technology Tralee. The collaboration is a key driver in the development of Ireland’s knowledge transfer system, supporting innovators and entrepreneurs and ultimately creating jobs for the economy. Established in 2017 we are Ireland’s largest technology transfer consortium. We are funded by Enterprise Ireland through the TTSI3 programme managed by Knowledge Transfer Ireland.
The network aims to establish an effective link for our knowledge transfer expertise to be shared and used in each member institution to ensure continued understanding, application and, where appropriate, creation of excellent practice. The Consortium will use this expertise to commercialize innovations for the public good by
- Encouraging invention disclosure
- Protecting and managing the RPOs intellectual property
- Facilitating technology development & licensing including to new ventures
- Fostering the early stage growth of spinout companies
- Supporting effective relationships with industry