Science Week 2021 - Thursday
The Festival of Farming and Food
Sustainable, Nutritious and Delicious – What’s New in Fruit and Veg? - Thursday November 11th | 11am – 12 noon
Fruit and vegetables are good for us, but do you really know why? What do they do for us and what else can we find out about them? In Teagasc we’re working on finding out a lot more!
We’re investigating new approaches to growing fruit and vegetables more sustainably, processing them safely, reducing food waste and finding out more about why they’re good for our health.
How do the good parts of the fruit and vegetables get to where they’re needed in your body?
Join us for this online event and come on the fruit and vegetable journey:
- Learn about how fruits and vegetables are grown including new methods of production
- Find out about new ways to process them and how to keep your food safe
- Learn about how we can reduce food waste
- See what happens to fruit and vegetables after you eat them, with our working model of your digestive system
- Take 5 - why do we need five portions of fruit and vegetables? What are five health benefits of eating them? Find out five tips to increase your intake
This event was hosted by broadcaster Jonathan McCrea and featured Shay Hannon, Kaye Burgess, Leo Nunn, Caoileann Murphy and Conor Fitzpatrick, Teagasc & Lorraine Foley, Technological University Dublin..