1st LIFE BEEF CARBON European Networking meeting
LIFE BEEF CARBON’s European networking meeting brings the projects researchers, advisors and students together with international experts, farmer and beef industry representatives. The aims of the LIFE BEEF CARBON European network are to share experiences and knowledge with Europe’s beef stakeholders, to build collaborations and to showcase the projects action plans.
Italy held the 1st European networking meeting for LIFE BEEF CARBON on the 1st of February at the 2018 Eurocarne in the Fieragricola of Verona. During the meetings discussions, Irish partners, Teagasc and Bord Bia outlined the steps Irish farmers are taking to tackle beef’s carbon footprint and the Origin Green approach to evaluate sustainability. Similar issues were addressed by the meetings presenters. The titles of the 1st networks presentations and speakers were;
- Greenhouse gas emissions from the world’s livestock/beef production (PDF)- Felix Teillard (FAO)
- LIFE BEEF CARBON project (PDF) – J-B. Dollé (IDELE)
- Italian LIFE project on GHG in cattle production: Forage4climate (PDF) - MT Pacchioli, Laura Valli (CRPA)
- First results of the Beef carbon initiative in France - Josselin Andurand (IDELE)
- First results of the Beef carbon initiative in Italy - Giacomo Pirlo (CREA-ZA)
- A parallel example of a carbon initiative managed by a company in the beef sector - Dr. G. Sorlini (INALCA)
- Commitment in improving the sustainability of beef chain in a company of UNICARVE - A. Colomberotto (SPA)
- Sustainable and social strategies of the French beef sector - C. Guinot (INTERBEV)
The event was organized by the Italian Council for Research in Agriculture (CREA) with support from Eurocarne and the French Livestock Institute (IDELE).