A large number of infectious diseases and parasitic infestations affect Irish dairy cattle.
HerdHealth (PDF), Chapter 46 is summarized in Teagasc Dairy Manual.
More detailed information on individual diseases of relevance to Irish dairy farmers is found at the following links:
- Lameness - Chapter 47 of the Teagasc Dairy Manual (PDF)
- Liver Fluke - link to Animal Health Ireland website
- Rumen Fluke - link to Animal Health Ireland website
- Summer mastitis - link to Teagasc website
- Ill thrift and Poor Performance (Growth, Milk Yield or Fertility)
To find out all the details of Calf Care Management go to Animal Health Ireland website.