Teagasc/Glanbia Joint Programme 2011 - 2014
The Teagasc/Glanbia Joint Programme was launched in 2011. The overall purpose of the programme is to position Dairy Farmers in the Glanbia area to take advantage of growth opportunities that will arise post 2015.
The Joint Programme has five objectives:
- Improve knowledge transfer and practice adoption.
- Increase grass utilization.
- Increase milk solid production per cow and per hectare.
- Improve herd fertility and calving pattern.
- Improved financial planner and cost control.
The Programme will be delivered by 28 Dairy Advisers through:
- Discussion Groups
- Farm Walks
- Workshops and Newsletters
Co-ordinator Richard O’Brien, Teagasc Kilkenny.