Cathal Moran - Skeoughvosteen, Co. Kilkenny
Teagasc Glanbia Future Farm Focus
Go to: Current Update
- Cathal is farming 177Ha in Skeoughvosteen, Co. Kilkenny, of which 57 Ha is owned.
- In 2019, he milked 328 cows with 100 replacement units. The plan is to increse this to 390 cows and near 100 replacement units.
- The calving interval is 367 days and the six week calving rate is 93%.
Cathal Moran Farm Update October 2022
Milk kg/day: 15.77
Fat %: 5.25
Protein %: 4.21
Milk solids day kg: 1.5
Average farm cover: 633
- Have 75% plus closed off, earliest closed paddocks have covers of 900kg DM/Ha at present
- The whole Farm has been soil tested in the last week
Overview of Cathal's farm and farming system.
Cathal gives an overview of what steps he is doing to improve the sustainablility and efficiency of his farm which would be beneficial for future generations