Moorepark - Animal & Grassland Research
Moorepark Animal & Grassland Research and Innovation Centre has played a pivotal role in the development of the Irish dairy industry. Since its establishment by the Irish Government in 1959, Moorepark has evolved to become the focal point of research on milk production in Ireland. As the National Dairy Research Centre, Moorepark is responsible for all aspects of dairy production research.
Objectives of the Animal & Grassland Research and Innovation Programme
- To increase the profitability and competitiveness of Irish livestock production
- Increase the environmental sustainability of Irish livestock systems in terms of nutrient use efficiency and greenhouse gas emissions
- Enhance the quality and safety of Irish meat and dairy products
- Assist in the delivery of new technology to key stakeholders
- To become a leading international science authority on technologies for pasture-based animal production
Mission and Vision of the Animal & Grassland Research and Innovation Programme
Mission: Generate new science and innovation to increase the efficiency and competitiveness of the Irish Agri-food industry.
Vision: An internationally known and recognised Animal & Grassland Research and Innovation Centre which produces new leading edge technology and models to drive the Irish Agri-food industries.