Marion BeecherResearch Officer
- Dairy farm labour productivity and efficiency
- Labour efficient technologies, e.g. infra-structure, facilities and practices and work organization
- Human resource management within dairy farm businesses
- An evaluation of work organisation and human resource management within Irish dairy farm businesses.
- Maximising labour productivity and minimising labour demand on Irish dairy farms
PhD in Animal Science, University College Dublin
Bachelor of Agriculture Science, University College Dublin
Sept 2017 – present Research Officer: Dairy Farm Labour Productivity
June 2014 – Sept 2017 Professional Diploma in Dairy Farm Management Programme Coordinator
Sept 2010 – May 2014 Ph.D. in Agricultural Science, NUI, Dublin
- M. Beecher, R. Baumont, M. O’Donovan, T.M. Boland, J. Aufrère, C. Fleming, N. Galvin, and E. Lewis 2017. Effects of harvesting perennial ryegrass at different levels of herbage mass on voluntary intake and in vivo digestibility in sheep. Grass and Forage Science, DOI: 10.1111/gfs.12319.
- M. Beecher, D. Hennessy, T.M. Boland, M. McEvoy, M. O’Donovan and E. Lewis, 2015. The variation in morphology of perennial ryegrass cultivars throughout the grazing season and effects on organic matter digestibility. Grass and Forage Science, 70, 19-29
- M. Beecher, F. Buckley, S.M. Waters, T.M. Boland, D. Enriquez-Hidalgo, M.H. Deighton, M. O’Donovan and E. Lewis, 2014. Factors contributing to the milk production efficiency of Jersey, and Jersey ´ Holstein-Friesian, compared with Holstein-Friesian dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science, 97, 3906-3917
- M. Beecher, R. Baumont, J. Aufrère, T.M. Boland, M. O’Donovan N. Galvin, C. Fleming, and E. Lewis, 2015. A comparison of two enzymatic in vitro methods to predict in vivo organic matter digestibility, Livestock Science, 177, 33-42.
- M. Beecher, R. Baumont, T.M. Boland, M. O’Donovan, J. Aufrère and E. Lewis, 2013. Influence of pre-grazing herbage mass on in vivo digestibility of perennial ryegrass in sheep. Proceedings of 64th Annual meeting of the European Federation of Animal Science. 26th-30th August. Nantes, France. pg. 418.
- M. Beecher, D. Hennessy, T.M. Boland, M. O’Donovan and E. Lewis, 2013. Comparing drying protocols for perennial ryegrass samples in preparation for chemical analysis. 22nd International Grassland Congress. Sydney, Australia, pg. 639-642.
- Beecher, M., Lewis, E., Boland, T., Galvin, N., Fleming, C., O’Neill, B. and O’Donovan, M. 2011. Investigation of the relationship between sward organic matter digestibility and sward leaf proportion from 20 years data. Advances in Animal Biosciences. September 2011. Volume 2 Part 2.