Linda Moloney FinnLaboratory Manager & H&S Coordinator
I am the laboratory manager for the Teagasc Johnstown Castle site. My main duties include the management of laboratory facilities and/or the co-ordination of activities in our Soil, Gas, Water, Crop, Ecology, Spectroscopy and Micro/Molecular labs. I am also the H&S co-ordinator for the labs and am responsible for implementing and managing Teagasc’s H&S system on site. I am also the Nautilus LIMS super-user for the site.
Prior to taking up the laboratory manager position I worked in the Soil and Crop labs analysing samples for mineral content by ICP-OES following microwave digestion and various extraction techniques.
As the laboratory manager I help research staff, technical staff and students to conduct their research activities in the laboratories.
- 2022 - Certificate in Managing People (QQI level 6)
- 2021 - Certificate in Safety & Health at Work (QQI level 5)
- 2016 - Certificate in Crop Nutrition Management (QQI level 6)
- 1998 - Master of Science in Food Science and Technology (QQI level 9)
- 1994 - Bachelor of Science in Food Chemstry (QQI level 8)