Linda GiblinResearch Officer
- Prenatal infant programming: Influence of gestational diet on offspring
- Foods for weight management: Bioassays for satiety, lipolysis and glycemia
- Nutrient sensing in the gut
- Bioactive peptides
- Genotype-phenotype interactions
1989 B.Sc. (hons) Biotechnology, Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland
1995 Ph.D. Microbiology Dept., University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
- O'Sullivan, D. J., L. Giblin, P. L. McSweeney, J. J. Sheehan, and P. D. Cotter. 2013. Nucleic acid-based approaches to investigate microbial-related cheese quality defects. Front Microbiol. 4:1. Epub
- Bruen, C. M., A. P. Kett, F. O'Halloran, V. Chaurin, M. A. Fenelon, K. A. Cashman, and L. Giblin. 2012. Effect of gelatinisation of starch with casein proteins on incretin hormones and glucose transporters in vitro. Br J Nutr. 107:155-63.
- Bruen, C. M., F. O'Halloran, K. D. Cashman, and L. Giblin. 2012. The effects of food components on hormonal signalling in gastrointestinal enteroendocrine cells. Food Funct. 3:1131-43.
- Kett, A. P., C. M. Bruen, F. O'Halloran, V. Chaurin, P. G. Lawlor, J. A. O'Mahony, L. Giblin, and M. A. Fenelon. 2012. The effect of alpha- or beta-casein addition to waxy maize starch on postprandial levels of glucose, insulin, and incretin hormones in pigs as a model for humans. Food Nutr Res. 56.
- Beecher, C., M. Daly, R. P. Ross, J. Flynn, T. V. McCarthy, and L. Giblin. 2012. Characterization of the bovine innate immune response in milk somatic cells following intramammary infection with Streptococcus dysgalactiae subspecies dysgalactiae. J Dairy Sci. 95:5720-9.
- Hand, K. V., C. M. Bruen, F. O'Halloran, H. Panwar, D. Calderwood, L. Giblin, and B. D. Green. 2012. Examining acute and chronic effects of short- and long-chain fatty acids on peptide YY (PYY) gene expression, cellular storage and secretion in STC-1 cells. Eur J Nutr.
- Hand, K. V., L. Giblin, and B. D. Green. 2012. Hormone profiling in a novel enteroendocrine cell line pGIP/neo: STC-1. Metabolism. 61:1683-6.
- Le Maux, S., L. Giblin, T. Croguennec, S. Bouhallab, and A. Brodkorb. 2012. beta-Lactoglobulin as a molecular carrier of linoleate: characterization and effects on intestinal epithelial cells in vitro. J Agric Food Chem. 60:9476-83.
- Wijga, S., J. W. Bastiaansen, E. Wall, E. Strandberg, Y. de Haas, L. Giblin, and H. Bovenhuis. 2012. Genomic associations with somatic cell score in first-lactation Holstein cows. J Dairy Sci. 95:899-908.
- Waters, S. M., M. S. McCabe, D. J. Howard, L. Giblin, D. A. Magee, D. E. MacHugh, and D. P. Berry. 2011. Associations between newly discovered polymorphisms in the Bos taurus growth hormone receptor gene and performance traits in Holstein-Friesian dairy cattle. Anim Genet. 42:39-49.
- Bahar, B., F. O'Halloran, M. J. Callanan, S. McParland, L. Giblin, and T. Sweeney. 2011. Bovine lactoferrin (LTF) gene promoter haplotypes have different basal transcriptional activities. Anim Genet. 42:270-9.
- McNamara, L. B., L. Giblin, T. Markham, N. C. Stickland, D. P. Berry, J. J. O'Reilly, P. B. Lynch, J. P. Kerry, and P. G. Lawlor. 2011. Nutritional intervention during gestation alters growth, body composition and gene expression patterns in skeletal muscle of pig offspring. Animal. 5:1195-206.
- Mullen, M. P., D. P. Berry, D. J. Howard, M. G. Diskin, C. O. Lynch, L. Giblin, D. A. Kenny, D. A. Magee, K. G. Meade, and S. M. Waters. 2011. Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms in the Insulin-Like Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1) Gene are Associated with Performance in Holstein-Friesian Dairy Cattle. Front Genet. 2:3.
- Giblin, L., S. T. Butler, B. M. Kearney, S. M. Waters, M. J. Callanan, and D. P. Berry. 2010. Association of bovine leptin polymorphisms with energy output and energy storage traits in progeny tested Holstein-Friesian dairy cattle sires. BMC Genet. 11:73.
- Hand, K. V., C. M. Bruen, F. O'Halloran, L. Giblin, and B. D. Green. 2010. Acute and chronic effects of dietary fatty acids on cholecystokinin expression, storage and secretion in enteroendocrine STC-1 cells. Mol Nutr Food Res. 54 Suppl 1:S93-S103.