Stuart GreenResearch Officer
Since 1998 Stuart has been the Remote Sensing (RS) Specialist in the Spatial Analysis Unit in Teagasc, interested in using terrestrial earth observation technologies to understand issues important to rural Ireland and Irish agriculture.
- CforRep- Multi million euro project (Stimulus) with UCD, UL and UCC for improving Carbon Reporting-Teagasc is PI for the RS element http://www.ucd.ie/cforrep/
- Drainmap- Using UAV on the farm, with NUIM-Internally funded
- IdealHNV, Stimulus Funded project with IT Sligo examining new ways to map HNV farms http://idealhnv.wordpress.com/
- TALAM- EPA funded project looking at new geo-statistical methods to report change in upland habitats
- Sat4Grass: Using field spectroscopy measurements and satellite to measure grassland yield and paddock management. – Internally funded
Founder of the Irish earth Observation Researcher Symposium.
• Maintains the http://earthobservation.wordpress.com/ blog
Byrne, A. W., Quinn, J. L., O'Keeffe, J. J., Green, S., Paddy Sleeman, D., Wayne Martin, S., Davenport, J. (2014), Large-scale movements in European badgers: has the tail of the movement kernel been underestimated?. Journal of Animal Ecology. doi: 10.1111/1365-2656.12197
Byrne, A.W., Acevedo, P., Green, S. and O’Keeffe, J., (2014). Estimating badger social-group abundance in the Republic of Ireland using cross-validated species distribution modelling. Ecological Indicators, 43(0): 94-102.
Green, S. and Donoghue, C., (2013). Assessing the Geographic Representativity of Farm Accountancy Data. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information, 2(1): 50-66.
J. Whelan, J. Fry, and S. Green, Focus on the changing concept of landscape during the evolution of the Rural Environment Protection Scheme in the Republic of Ireland. Tearmann, 2012. 8: p. 25-44.
Kramers, G., Holden, N.M., Brennan, F.P., Green, S. and Richards, K. (2012). Water content and soil type effects on accelerated leaching after slurry application. Vadose Zone Journal doi:10.2136/vzj2 25994
Michael Corcoran UCD (UCD supervisor Prof Tadgh O’Keefe): Development of Medieval farm systems in Moated Sites.
IftiKhar Ali UCC (UCC supervisor Dr Fiona Cawkwell): Pasture Biomass estimates from Time Series Satellite Data
2013: Andre Byrne (UCC supervisor Prof John Davenport): Spatial Population Model of Meles Meles in Ireland
2011: Jackie Whelan (UCD supervisor Dr John Fry): Statistical approaches to Landscape Character Assessment