Kieran JordanResearch Officer
- Survival and occurance of foodbourne pathogens in dairy products, including Enterbacter sakazakii, Listeria monocytogenes and VTEC.
- Adaptive tolerance responses in foodbourne pathogens.
- Applications of molecular methodology in the study of foodbourne pathogens.
- Food Safety
- Improved bio-traceability of unintended microorganisms and substances in food and feed chains
- Milk quality for a changing dairy industry
- Safe and Healthy Foods.
- Investigation of anti-parasitic drugs in milk, their effect on cheese manufacture and stability during processing.
- Risk assessment in relation to coagulase positive Staphylococcus aureus.
B.Sc. (University College Galway)
M.Sc., Ph.D. (University College, Cork)
M.S. Schvartzman, X. Belessi, F. Butler, P. Skandamis, K. Jordan. 2010. Comparison of growth limits of Listeria monocytogenes in milk, broth and cheese. Journal of Applied Micro, Volume 109, pages 1790-1799.
Y. Le Marc, P. N. Skandamis, C. I. A. Belessi, S. I. Merkouri, S. M. George, A. S. Gounadaki, S. Schvartzman, K. Jordan, E. H. Drosinos, and J. Baranyi. 2010. Modelling the effect of abrupt acid and osmotic shifts within the growth region and across the growth boundaries on the adaptation and growth of Listeria monocytogenes. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, doi:10.1128/AEM.00847-10
K. Jordan, M.S. Schvartzman, A. Maffre, M. Sanaa, F. Butle Ursula Gonzales-Baron, and F. Tenenhaus-Aziza. 2010. Predictive models developed in cheese for growth of Listeria monocytogenes.Australian Journal of Dairy Technology, Volume 65, pages 150-152.
M.S. Schvartzman, A. Maffre, F. Tenenhaus-Aziza, M. Sanaa, F. Butler, K. Jordan. 2010. Modelling the fate of Listeria monocytogenes during manufacture and ripening of smeared cheese made with pasteurised or raw milk. International Journal of Food Microbiology, doi: 10.1016/j.ijfoodmicro.2010.11.032
Fox E, Hunt K, O'Brien M, Jordan K. 2010. Listeria monocytogenes in Irish Farmhouse cheese processing environments. International Journal of Food Microbiology, doi:10.1016/j.ijfoodmicro.2010.10.012
Jeffrey Hoorfar, Martin Wagner, Kieran Jordan, Solveig Lind Boquin, Jeffrey Skiby. 2010. Towards biotracing in food chains. International Journal of Food Microbiology doi:10.1016/j.ijfoodmicro.2010.04.028.