Joseph LynchPost-Doctoral Researcher
- Formation and optimisation of yield in cereals
- Crop production system efficiency
- Forage production and conservation
- Improving the nutritive value of home-produced animal feeds
6422 – Cereal improvement through variety choice and understanding yield limitations
- Lynch, J.P., Jin, L., Lara, E., Baah, J., Beauchemin, K.A. (2014) The effect of exogenous fibrolytic enzymes and a ferulic acid esterase producing inoculant on the fibre digestibility, chemical composition and conservation characteristics of alfalfa silage. Animal Feed Science and Technology. In Press, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.anifeedsci.2014.03.013
- Lynch, J.P., Jin, L., Church, J.S., Baah, J., Beauchemin, K.A. (2014) Fibrolytic enzymes and a feurlic acid esterase producing bacterial additive applied to alfalfa hay at baling: Effects on fibre digestibility, chemical composition and conservation characteristics. Grass and Forage Science. In Press, http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/gfs.12093/full
- Lynch, J.P., O’Kiely, P., Murphy, R., Doyle, E.M. (2014) Changes in chemical composition and digestibility of three maize stover components digested by white rot fungi Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition. In Press;http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jpn.12131/full
- Lynch, J.P., O’Kiely, P., Doyle, E.M. (2013) Yield, nutritive value and ensilage characteristics of whole-crop maize, and of the separated cob and stover components – nitrogen, harvest date and cultivar effects. Journal of Agricultural Science, 151, 347-367.
- Lynch, J.P, O’Kiely, P., Waters, S.M., Doyle, E.M. (2012) Conservation characteristics of maize ear and stover ensiled with the addition of Lactobacillus plantarum MTD-1, L. plantarum 30114 or L. buchneri 11A44. Journal of Dairy Science, 95, 2070-2080.
- Lynch, J.P., O’Kiely, P., Doyle, E.M. (2012) Yield, quality and ensilage characteristics of whole-crop maize, and of the cob and stover components - Harvest date and hybrid effects. Grass and Forage Science, 67, 472-487.