Evgenia (Nenia) MichaResearch Officer - Environment
I am an environmental -economic modeller focused on assessing the economic impacts of nutrient losses management in Irish farms the policies associated with the protection of water bodies. My research interests include modelling the impacts of socio-economic environments on farming systems’ management and investigating farmers’ behaviours and decision making processes in relation to policy design and implementation using, both, qualitative and quantitative approaches.
Modelling the cost-effectiveness of nutrient loss reduction methods in selected agricultural catchments.
PhD in Agricultural economics – University of Reading, UK
Agricultural Economics Society (AES)– member
European Association of Agricultural Economists (EAAE)
- Evgenia Micha, Kevin Heanue, JOHN Hyland, Thia Hennessy, Emma Jane Dillon, Cathal Buckley. Sustainability levels in Irish dairy farming: A farm typology according to sustainable performance indicators. Studies in Agricultural Economics – in press
- Micha, E., Roberts, W., Ryan, M., ODonoghue, C.O., Daly, K., A participatory approach for comparing stakeholders’ evaluation of P loss mitigation options in a high ecological status river catchment. Journal of Environmental Science and policy
- Evgenia Micha, Kevin Heanue, Thia Hennessy, Emma Jane Dillon, Cathal Buckley, 2016 Creating farm types based on sustainable performance: dairy and livestock sectors, AESI conference, Teagasc botanic gardens, 7th January 2016
- Micha, E., Roberts, W., Ryan, M., C.O., Daly, K, 2016, Effective Phosphorus management in High Status River Bodies: management practices and pollution mitigation options, IWA regional conference on diffuse pollution and catchment management, Dublin City University, Ireland, 23-27th October 2016
- Micha, E., Roberts, W., Ryan, M., C.O., Daly, “Agricultural Phosphorus pollution in High Status River Bodies: Participatory approaches for evaluation of mitigation options”, 158th EAAE Seminar: Euro-Mediterranean Cooperation in Sustainable Agriculture and Food security: Policies, Sustainability, Marketing and Trade, Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Chania, Crete, Greece, 9-8 September 2016
- Micha, E., Areal, F.J., Tranter,R.B., Bailey, A.P. (2015). Uptake of agri-environmental schemes in the Less-Favoured Areas of Greece: The role of corruption and farmers’ responses to the financial crisis. Land Use Policy, 48, 144-157.
- Evgenia Micha, Kevin Heanue (2015). Profiling farms according to their sustainable performance: a case study of the Irish Dairy and livestock sectors, 89th Agricultural Economics society conference, Warwick, UK, 13-15 April, 2015
- Evgenia Micha, Kevin Heanue, Emma Jane Dillon, Thia Hennessy, 2015. Identification and classification of Irish beef farming systems: A multivariate analysis of sustainability indicators, EMRBI, EUROMED Annual Conference, Verona, Italy, 16-18 September 2015
- Evgenia Micha, Richard B. Tranter, Alison P. Bailey, 2014. Policy design and its influence on farmers’ decisions: a study of vine-growers behaviout in remote areas of Greece. ESARD conference, Evora, Portugal, 15-19 May 2014
- E.Micha, R.B. Tranter, A.Bailey (2013). Developing a behavioural model to explain farmers participation in rural development schemes, 133th EAAE seminar: Developing Integrated and Reliable Modelling Tools for Agricultural and Environmental Policy Analysis, Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Chania, Crete, Greece, 15-16 June 2013