Helena MeallyMolecular Lab Manager / Technologist
As the molecular lab manager and research technologist my areas of interest include genotyping and sequencing technologies and all molecular technical advancements to assist in investigating disease and develop sustainable arable crop varieties into the future. Other area of interest include procurement, waste management and Good Lab Practice.
Virtual Centre for Crop Improvement (VICCI)
- 2000 BSc (Hons) Biochemistry, NUI Galway, Ireland
- 2005 PhD Medical Genetics, University College Dublin (UCD), Ireland
Member of the CEUG
- Wide array of molecular biology equipment, including PCR platforms and DNA/RNA extraction and quantification tools.
- A number of plant growth chambers and control temperature facilities.
- An ultra-high density genetic linkage map of perennial ryegrass (Lolium perenne) using genotyping by sequencing (GBS) based on a reference shotgun genome assembly. Velmurugan J, Mollison EMB, Barth S, Marshall D, Milne L, Creevey C, Lynch B, Meally H, McCabe M, Milbourne D. Annals of Botany, (2016) DOI 1093/aob/mcw081
- Expressed sequence tag-derived microsatellite markers of perennial ryegrass (Lolium perenne L.). Studer, Bruno; Asp, Torben; Frei, Ursula; Hentrup, Stephan; Meally, Helena; Guillard, Aurelie; Barth, Susanne; Muylle, Hilde; Roldan-Ruiz, Isabel; Barre, Philippe; Koning-Boucoiran, Carole; Uenk-Stunnenberg, Gerda; Dolstra, Oene; Skot, Leif; Skot, Kirsten P.; Turner, Lesley B.; Humphreys, Mervyn O.; Kolliker, Roland; Roulund, Niels; Nielsen, Klaus K.; Lubberstedt, Thomas. In: Molecular Breeding, Vol. 21, No. 4, 2008, p. 533-548.