Irene MarongiuResearch Technician - Horticulture
- Entomology and Integrated Pest Management
- Sustainable agriculture and soil management.
- Mushroom production.
- Horticultural technologies.
- Potato breeding.
- Plant/Pathogen interactions.
- Crop quality and Safety.
- Compost science.
- Protected crops & Horticulture.
- Soil quality.
- Environmental and food security in developing countries.
- Rural development and Disaster risk reduction.
- Autumn 2018 – Present. Horticulture Research Technician, Teagasc, Ashtown, Ireland.
- Summer 2018. Research Technician Potato Breeding Programme, Teagasc, Oak Park, Ireland.
- 2017-2018. Research Technician, Entomology and Integrated Pest Management project - EPIC, Teagasc, Ashtown, Ireland.
- 2015-2017. Research Laboratory Technician, SQUARE Soil Quality Assessment, Teagasc, Johnstown Castle, Ireland.
- 2013-2014. Graduate Auditor Trainee, European Commission, Food and Veterinary Office (FVO), Grange, Ireland.
- 2012-2013. Project officer, Technical advisor and Trainer, CESVI NGO, Tajikistan.
- 2010. Researcher and Technical Advisor, Univ. of Florence and Slow Food, Egypt.
- 2008. Apprentice, Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry, Univ. of La Plata (UNLP), Argentina.
- 2005 -2006. Chemical and biological Laboratory Assistant, Univ. of Florence.
- Improving the control of dipteran pests in commercial mushroom production.
- SafeMush. Assuring the safety of mushrooms by the introduction of novel processes to reduce environmental contamination in mushroom production facilities
- Epic 2015-2019. Establishing a platform of IPM in Irish crops.
- Agaricus Genomics 2015-2019. Genomic, transcriptomic and proteomic analyses of A. bisporus strains showing some resistance/tolerance to mushroom virus X.
- Agronomist and Mushroom Research unit manager.
- Soil analysis - Physical, chemical and biological analysis.
- GLP Good Laboratory Practice.
- Integrated Pest Management.
- MSc. (Agr.) First Class Honours, University of Florence. Faculty of Agricultural Science, Italy. 2009 – 2011.
- BSc. (Agr.) First Class Honours, University of Florence, Faculty of Agricultural Science, Italy. 2005 – 2009.
- Agricultural Technical Institute of Florence, Italy. 1999 – 2005.
An index of management intensity to support soil quality for sustainable intensification of grassland, Bondi, G., O’Sullivan, L., Creamer, R., Fenton, O., Marongiu, I., Wall, D., under review, submitted to Geoderma, 2018.
An innovative index of land use intensity in Irish grassland soils, Bondi, G., O’Sullivan, L., Wall, D.P., Marongiu, I., Creamer R. European Society for Soil Conservation Conference, 2016.
Natural Resource Management - Hand book. "Soil Bio-engineering techniques for Slope protection and Stabilization", CESVI Tajikistan, 2013.