Ciara O'DonovanPostdoctoral Researcher
Influence of exercise and diet on the human gut microbiome. Variation in microbial composition and activity within fermented food microbiomes.
- D. (Microbiology), University College Cork, 2020
- B.Sc. (Nutrition and Health), Cork Institute of Technology, 2015
- Ciara M. O’ Donovan, Brendan Connor, Sharon M. Madigan, et al. Instances of altered gut microbiomes among Irish cricketers over periods of travel in the lead up to the 2016 World Cup: A sequencing analysis. Travel Medicine and Infectious Disease, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tmaid.2020.101553.
- Ciara M. O’Donovan, Sharon M. Madigan, Isabel Garcia-Perez, et al. Distinct microbiome composition and metabolome exists across subgroups of elite Irish athletes. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, 2020. 23(1): 63-68. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsams.2019.08.290.
- Ciara M. O’Donovan, Orla O’Sullivan and Paul D. Cotter, Gut Microbiology – A Relatively Unexplored Domain, Reference Module in Life Sciences, Elsevier, 2018, ISBN: 978-0-12-809633-8
- • Alan Rankin, Ciara O’Donovan, Sharon M. Madigan, et al. ‘Microbes in sport’ –The potential role of the gut microbiota in athlete health and performance. British Journal of Sports Medicine 2017; 51:698–699