Sinead PhelanPost-Doctoral Researcher
At present my research is primarily focused on monitoring the evolution of plant pathogens of importance to Irish wheat, barley and potato crops.
- Analysis of large collections of Phytophthora infestans, Mycosphaerella graminicola and Rhynchosporium commune for population changes.
- Fungicide sensitivity characterisation.
6421- Monitoring Pathogen Evolution for Sustainable Cropping (MonPESC, funded by the DAFM Research Stimulus Fund)
- Phelan S., Hunter A., Douglas G., 2009. Effect of explants source on shoot proliferation and adventitious regeneration in 10 Buddleia cultivars. Scientia Horticulturae. Vol 120, pages 518–524.
- Phelan S., Hunter A., Douglas G., 2007. Micropropagation and growth regulation of Erysimum linifolium variegatum. Propagation of Ornamental Plants. Vol. 8, No. 2, pages 87-92
- Phelan S., Hunter A., Douglas G., 2006. Micropropagation and growth regulation of Tulbachia violacae silver. Acta Horticulturae. (ISHS) 764:113-118
- Phelan S., Hunter A., Douglas G., 2005. Bacteria detection and micropropagation of ten Buddleia cultivars. Propagation of Ornamental Plants. Vol. 5 No. 3, pages 162-168