Elodie RuelleResearch Officer - Grass Growth Modelling
- Simulating biological system using mechanistic models.
- Predicting grass growth in real time on commercial farms.
- Better understanding of the interaction between soil, grass management, the animals and grass growth.
- Improving N use efficiency and reducing N leaching.
- Predicting animal intake at grazing.
- Live grass growth prediction using the MoSt model.
- Predicting N leaching a N use efficiency of different system and management.
- Model development (PBHDM and MoSt models).
PhD in Agriculture and food science University College Dublin Master and agronomic engineer degree in modelling of biologic system from the University of Rennes 1 and Agrocampus-Ouest.
- Ruelle E., L. Delaby, L. Shalloo (2019) Linkage between Predictive Transmitting Ability of a Genetic Index (EBI), Potential Milk Production and a Dynamic Model (PBHDM). J. of Dairy Sci. 102(4),3512-3522.
- Ruelle, E., Hennessy, D., Delaby, L. (2018). The Moorepark Saint-Gilles Grass Growth model (MoSt GG) predicts grass growth under grazing conditions. Fourrages, 236, 255-262.
- Ruelle E., Delaby L., Wallace M., Shalloo L. (2018): "Using models to establish the financially optimum strategy for Irish dairy farms." J. Dairy Sci., 101(1), 614-623.
- Ruelle E., Hennessy D., Delaby L. (2018): "Development of the Moorepark St Gilles grass growth model (MoSt GG model): a predictive model for grass growth for pasture based systems." Eur. J. Agro., 99, 80-91.
- Ruelle E., Delaby L., Wallace M., Shalloo L. (2016): "Development and evaluation of the herd dynamic milk model with focus on the individual cow component." Animal, 10(12), 1986-1997.
- Ruelle E., Shalloo L., Wallace M., Delaby L. (2015): "Development and evaluation of the pasture-based herd dynamic milk (PBHDM) model for dairy systems." Eur. J. Agro., 71, 106-114.
- Shalloo, L., T. Byrne, L. Leso, E. Ruelle, K. Starsmore, A. Geoghegan, J. Werner, and N. O’leary. (2021). A review of precision technologies in pasture-based dairying systems. Ir. J. Agri. Food. Res.
- AH O’Connor, EAM Bokkers, IJM de Boer, H Hogeveen, R Sayers, N Byrne, E Ruelle, B Engel, L Shalloo (2020). Cow and herd-level risk factors associated with mobility scores in pasture-based dairy cows. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 105077
- AH O'Connor, EAM Bokkers, IJM de Boer, H Hogeveen, R Sayers, N Byrne, E Ruelle, L Shalloo. (2019) Associating cow characteristics with mobility scores in pasture-based dairy cows. J. Dairy. Sci. 102(9), 8332-8342.
- Hanrahan L., Geoghegan A., O'Donovan M., Griffith V., Ruelle E., Wallace M., Shalloo L. (2017): "PastureBase Ireland: A grassland decision support system and national database." Comput. Electron. Agric., 136, 193-201.