Ita WhiteResearch Officer
- Delivery of consultancy, auditing and training projects to food industry clients
- Design & delivery of specialised training and events including microbiology, hygiene, HACCP, food standards development, auditing, food law, and
- Providing training to support change management and delivery to multi-cultural groups
- Establishing and updating quality management systems
- Auditing and developing internal audit procedures and addressing varied client queries in the area of food safety & quality including legislative compliance, standards requirements and product development
- Initiating and organising multi-agency projects to better serve the food industryD
- Developing industry standards
M.Sc. Education & Training Management, Dublin City University 2002.
M.Sc. Agricultural Chemistry, University College Dublin 1990.
B.Sc. Industrial Microbiology, University College Dublin 1986.
2011–Present: Food Industry Development, Teagasc Food Research Centre, Ashtown.
2004–2010: European Commission Food & Veterinary Office.
1998–2004: Food Safety & Quality Consultant & Trainer, Teagasc Food Research Centre, Ashtown.
1994–1998: Quality/ Regulatory Affairs Manager, Medical Devices Industry.
1991–1994: Medical Devices Directorate, Department of Health (UK).
1990–1991: Irish Sea Fisheries Board (BIM).
White, I. (2014) Food Labelling & Allergen Awareness, T-Research Volume 9: Number 1, Spring 2014 pp30–31
White, I, (2013) Tips for Producers & Suppliers of Packaging to the Food Industry, The Irish Packaging Directory
White, I, (2012) Facing the Future for Food Labelling Laws, The Irish Packaging Directory, pp18–21
White, I. (2011) Package Your Way to New Markets, T-Research Volume 6: Number 4, Winter 2011, pp14–15
European Commission Decisions (2008/654/EC) (2007/363/EC) (2006/677/EC) relating to auditing, developing and reporting on multi-annual national
control plans within Member States’ Competent Authorities.