Online forestry premium applications
All applications for forestry premiums will have to be applied for online, paper Form 4s will no longer be issued.
How do I apply for my Annual Forestry Premium?
You can apply for your annual premium on the Department’s Online Application System (www.agfood.ie). Payment of Annual Premium applications will commence in January.
How do I register for online services?
- Log on to www.agfood.ie.
- On the top left hand side of the screen you will see Register for Online Services.
- Select Register.
- Complete Registration Details and then select Submit Registration.
- A letter will issue to you by post with your log on details and your Personal Access Code (PAC).
- On receipt of your letter you can apply for your forestry premium(s) or for any of the Department’s Online Services.
I am having problems with logging on / username / password / PAC on www.agfood.ie
You should contact the Online helpdesk in Portlaoise on 076 1064424 or alternatively, email them at email@example.com.
Please note that Forestry Division staff will not be able to assist you with any query relating to registering for online services (i.e. with passwords or PACs, etc.). Forestry Division staff will help with all queries relating to your forestry premium. You should contact the Forestry Premium Helpdesk on 076 1064451.
How do I apply for my Annual Premium Payment?
- Log on to www.agfood.ie
- Enter your Username.
- Enter the requested digits from your Personal Access Code (PAC).
- Enter your Password.
- Select Logon.
- Select Forestry Grants & Premiums from the menu of applications.
- Select option to view Your Outstanding Form 4s.
- Select a contract by highlighting your contract number.
- Select Review & Proceed.
- De Minimis Declaration. You will be given the option to select Yes or No:
- Yes (I have received other De Minimis payments in addition to those payments listed in table 1). If you select Yes, you must complete relevant details in the tables provided where appropriate and then complete by clicking Save Declaration and Continue.
- No (I have not received any other De Minimis payments besides those listed in table 1). If you select No then click Save Declaration and Continue.
- If prompted, view the Aerial Photograph of your plantation and Proceed.
- Tick the box for I accept these conditions.
- Submit your application.
- If you have more than one contract select Home and then repeat the process for the next contract.
Why are some contracts missing from the list?
There may be a payment stop on the contract. The Forestry Division will normally have notified you of any issue which would prevent further premium payments being made until the matter is resolved. If you have not been notified, please contact the Forestry Premium Helpdesk on 076 1064451.
How will I know that my premium application has been successfully submitted to the Forestry Division online?
After you have submitted your premium application, the following message will be displayed on your screen “Application for subsequent premium for CN***** has been submitted successfully to the Forestry Division. Further checks will be carried out before payment issues. You are advised to print this screen for your records”.
Do I need to send Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) details with the online application?
If you are in receipt of forestry payments of €10,000 or more in a 12-month period, you must have an up-to-date tax clearance certificate. Applications for tax clearance must be made on the Revenue Commissioners website www.revenue.ie.
On application, tax compliant applicants will receive a Tax Clearance Access Number which, along with their Tax Number, they must provide to the Department for verification purposes. In cases where the forestry contract is in joint names, tax clearance must be provided for all applicants.
What is the method of payment?
All forestry payments are paid directly into the applicant’s nominated bank account.
I have changed my bank details since the last premium payment, what do I need to do?
You should request a Bank Mandate Form from the Department’s Direct Credit Section, Accounts, Cavan (Tel Lo-call 1890 200 508 or Tel 049 4368283).
Completed Bank Mandate Forms should be returned to Direct Credit Section, Accounts Division, Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Farnham Street, Cavan as soon as possible to ensure that payment is made to the correct bank account.
- Forestry Premium Helpdesk (Wexford): tel.: 076 1064451
You must quote your forestry Contract Number (CN) and/or Forest Owner (FO) number in all correspondence with the Forestry Division, DAFM.
This information is required to assist in dealing with your query and to protect your personal data.
- Contact your local Forestry Advisory Staff
- From November 2020 all applications for 2021 premiums will have to be applied for online, paper Form 4s will no longer be issued.
- The Department’s Online system has been in operation since 2012. The Online Forestry payments system usually reopens for use from November (to be confirmed via text message).
- Outstanding Form 4s previously issued before Jan 2021 will still be accepted for payment.
- Please note that any change to the contract details must be notified immediately to the Forestry Division (for example, a change of ownership, damage to the plantation by fire, etc., or any other material detail). Failure to notify the Forestry Division of any such detail could result in penalties or recoupment of grant and premium payments.
- If in the event, that the forest owner is deceased, please phone 1890 200 223 to arrange for continuity of payments to the successor.