The Forestry Programme 2014-2020 also provides a range of support measures for existing forests. These measures will be gradually rolled out / updated over the course of 2018:
- Support to construct a forest road: Forest Roads Scheme
- Support following infection by ash dieback: Reconstitution Scheme (Chalara)
- Focus is on nature conservation: Native Woodland Conservation
- Creating and managing woodlands for public use and enjoyment: NeighbourWood Scheme
- Support to tend and/or thin a broadleaf forest: Woodland Improvement Scheme
- Support for seed stands and orchards: Seed Stand and Seed Orchard Scheme
Additional measures that will be introduced over the coming months:
- Forest fencing and tree shelter scheme
- Second thinning grant available for broadleaves
- Support for Continuous Cover Forestry
- New Knowledge Transfer Scheme
- New certification scheme for private forest owners
Please visit the relevant sections above to view scheme-specific publications.
Regulations may change over time. Before making a grant application, please check that you have the most recent information.