Online forestry premium applications
All applications for forestry premiums are applied for online, paper Form 4s are no longer issued.
How do I apply for my Annual Forestry Premium?
You can apply for your annual premium on the Department’s Online Application System (www.agfood.ie). Payment of Annual Premium applications commences in January.
- Log on to www.agfood.ie
- Enter your Username.
- Enter the requested digits from your Personal Access Code (PAC).
- Enter your Password.
- Select Logon.
- Select Forestry Grants & Premiums from the menu of applications.
- Select option to view Your Outstanding Form 4s.
- Select a contract by highlighting your contract number.
- Select Start Submission.
- De Minimis Declaration. You will be given the option to select Yes or No:
- Yes (I have received other De Minimis payments in addition to those payments listed in table 1). If you select Yes, you must complete relevant details in the tables provided where appropriate and then complete by clicking Save Declaration and Continue.
- No (I have not received any other De Minimis payments besides those listed in table 1). If you select No then click Save Declaration and Continue.
- If prompted, view the Aerial Photograph of your plantation and Proceed.
- Tick the box for I accept these conditions and wish to proceed.
- Click Submit Application.
- If you have more than one contract select Home and then repeat the process for the next contract.
How do I register for online services?
- Log on to www.agfood.ie.
- On the top left hand side of the screen you will see Register for Online Services.
- Select Register.
- Complete Registration Details and then select Submit Registration.
- A letter will issue to you by post with your log on details and your Personal Access Code (PAC).
- On receipt of your letter you can apply for your forestry premium(s) or for any of the Department’s Online Services.
I am having problems with logging on / username / password / PAC on www.agfood.ie, what do I need to do?
You should contact the DAFM Online Helpdesk on 049-4368288 or alternatively, email them at email@example.com.
DAFM Forestry Division staff will not be able to assist you with any query relating to registering for online services.
Why are some contracts missing from the list?
There may be a payment stop on the contract. The Forestry Division will normally have notified you of any issue which would prevent further premium payments being made until the matter is resolved. If you have not been notified, please contact the Forestry Premium Helpdesk on 053-9163425.
How will I know that my premium application has been successfully submitted?
After you have submitted your premium application, the following message will be displayed on your screen "Application for subsequent premium for CN***** has been submitted successfully to the Forestry Division. Further checks will be carried out before payment issues. You are advised to print this screen for your records".
Do I need to send Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) details?
If you are in receipt of forestry payments of €10,000 or more in a 12-month period, you must have an up-to-date tax clearance certificate. Applications for tax clearance must be made on the Revenue Commissioners website www.revenue.ie.
On application, tax-compliant applicants will receive a Tax Clearance Access Number which, along with their Tax Number, they must provide to the Department for verification purposes. In cases where the forestry contract is in joint names, tax clearance must be provided for all applicants.
What is the method of payment?
All forestry payments are paid directly into the applicant’s nominated bank account.
I have changed my bank details, what do I need to do?
You should request a Bank Mandate Form from the Department’s Direct Credit Section, Accounts, Cavan (Tel 049-4368283).
Completed Bank Mandate Forms should be returned to Direct Credit Section, Accounts Division, Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Farnham Street, Cavan as soon as possible to ensure that payment is made to the correct bank account.
- You must quote your forestry Contract Number (CN) and/or Forest Owner (FO) number in all correspondence with the Forestry Division.
- All applications for forestry premiums are applied for online, paper Form 4s are no longer issued.
- The Online forestry payments system usually reopens for use from November.
- Any change to the contract details must be notified immediately to the Forestry Division (for example, a change of ownership, damage to the plantation by fire, etc., or any other material detail). Failure to notify the Forestry Division of any such detail could result in penalties or recoupment of grant and premium payments.
- If in the event, that the forest owner is deceased, please phone 053-9163400 to arrange for continuity of payments to the successor.
- DAFM Forestry Premium Helpdesk, 053-9163425
- DAFM Online Helpdesk (www.agfood.ie), 049-4368288
- Contact your local Teagasc Forestry Adviser