2021/22 RDS Forest and Woodland Awards
The RDS Forest and Woodland Awards are Ireland’s national forestry awards. They recognise and reward farmers and woodland owners who are employing the principles of climate-smart agriculture on their properties including sound commercial management, environmental protection and encouragement of biodiversity.
Closing date for applications was Tuesday 10 August 2021.
Teagasc Farm Forestry Award Category
The Teagasc Farm Forestry Award recognises working farmers who are integrating forestry and farming for environmental, social and economic benefits.
This category aims to promote the positive sustainable contribution of forestry as an integral enterprise within the wider farming profile. It acknowledges the farmer’s role in actively integrating and managing the forest and promoting tree planting to strengthen wider farming sustainability.
Working farmers who believe they are doing a good job in managing their forest as an integral part of the farm are strongly encouraged to enter.
- Application form: RDS 2021 Teagasc Farm Forestry Award Application (PDF)
Other forestry award categories:
This Award category is open to farmers and landowners using sound silvicultural management. This award aims to recognise excellence in the management of production forestry.
- Application form: RDS 2021 Production Forestry Forestry Award Application (PDF)
This Award category is designed to encourage and reward projects involving the communal ownership and/or management of forests and woodlands which have been established and managed in a sustainable way that is beneficial to the local economy and/or environment.
- Application form: RDS 2021 Community Woodlands Forestry Award Application (PDF)
- The winner in each of the above categories will receive €2,000, an RDS Silver Medal and a perpetual trophy.
- The runner-up in each category will receive €1,000 and a special Certificate of Merit.
All woodland owners and managers are encouraged to enter the RDS Forest and Woodland Awards as all woodlands, large or small, are of merit.
For further information, please contact: