Grass10 Grazing Courses 2021
The Teagasc Grass 10 team along with their colleagues in the local advisory offices run grazing courses annually. These courses are for farmers who wish to improve their grassland management skills and help their farm reach its full potential. There is on-farm practical experience with advisors/specialists & farmer coaches. To express an interest fill out the form below.
Why would this course benefit you?
- Develop your knowledge of grazing management to grow and utilise more grass and to extend the grazing season with practical on farm training.
- Build capacity and confidence to; implement better grazing techniques, measure grass, and use PastureBase reports to make grazing decisions.
- Honest and open discussion group with other like-minded farmers.
- Encourage and support from advisors and farmers to help you to stay focused and make progress.
- Improve the Nutrient Use Efficiency on your farm.
- Help you to meet your derogation requirements through grass measuring.
- On-farm Practical Experience with Advisors/Specialists & Farmer Coaches
- Meet 8-10 times per year
Submit your details below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Willie Cleary is a grazing coach on the Grass 10 grazing course in Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
Seamus Dolan joined a Grass10 course in 2019 in Cavan
Sheep farmer Willie Fox, farms near Summerhill in Co. Meath and is a member of the Grass10 Meath Drystock Course.
Suckler farmer John Barry farms in Newtown, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary and is a host farmer for the Grass10 Nenagh Drystock Group.