Recently completed research projects
- Agaricus Genomics (2015-2019). Genomic, transcriptomic and proteomic analyses of A. bisporus strains showing some resistance/tolerance to mushroom virus X (2015-2019)
- SafeMush (2014-2018): Assuring the safety of mushrooms by the introduction of novel processes to reduce environmental contamination in mushroom production facilities
- MushTV (2012-2015). Solutions for the mushroom industry to emerging disease threats from Trichoderma and Virus.
- MVX Characterisation (2010-2015). Understanding the Biology of Mushroom Virus X by Molecular Characterisation, Location and Translocation of RNA and their Role in Disease Epidemiology.
- Trichoderma (2009-2013). Epidemiology and detection of Trichoderma aggressivum v. europaeum with particular reference to mushroom compost production in bulk Phase 3 systems.
- H2S in SMC. (2007-2013). Dynamics of hydrogen sulphide gas production in spent mushroom compost during storage and handling and its impact on Health and Safety issues
- Dry bubble disease. (2007-2010). Measuring and Managing Dry Bubble Disease Pressure on Mushroom Farms
- Mushroom Virus X disease (2007-2010). Understanding the factors which trigger “brown mushroom” symptom expression as a means to improved diagnosis and control.
- MVX brown mushrooms. (2006-2010). Environmental and genetic control of brown colour development in mushrooms infected with mushroom virus X.
Eoin O'Connor, Overall winner of the Walsh Fellowship Awards 2018, talks about his research in the video below.