Current research projects:
- AgGenes (2015-2018): A Genomic Approach to Understanding and Improving Compost Utilisation
- Agaricus Genomics (2015-2019). Genomic, transcriptomic and proteomic analyses of A. bisporus strains showing some resistance/tolerance to mushroom virus X (2015-2019
- SafeMush (2014-2018): Assuring the safety of mushrooms by the introduction of novel processes to reduce environmental contamination in mushroom production facilities
Recently completed research projects
- MushTV (2012-2015). Solutions for the mushroom industry to emerging disease threats from Trichoderma and Virus.
- MVX Characterisation (2010-2015). Understanding the Biology of Mushroom Virus X by Molecular Characterisation, Location and Translocation of RNA and their Role in Disease Epidemiology.
- Trichoderma (2009-2013). Epidemiology and detection of Trichoderma aggressivum v. europaeum with particular reference to mushroom compost production in bulk Phase 3 systems.
- H2S in SMC. (2007-2013). Dynamics of hydrogen sulphide gas production in spent mushroom compost during storage and handling and its impact on Health and Safety issues
- Dry bubble disease. (2007-2010). Measuring and Managing Dry Bubble Disease Pressure on Mushroom Farms
- Mushroom Virus X disease (2007-2010). Understanding the factors which trigger “brown mushroom” symptom expression as a means to improved diagnosis and control.
- MVX brown mushrooms. (2006-2010). Environmental and genetic control of brown colour development in mushrooms infected with mushroom virus X.
Helen Grogan is our researcher based in Ashtown