Click on the options below to find out more on:
- Teagasc Vegetable Webinars
- Pest and Diseases
- Production Factsheets
- Weed guides
- A Guide to Vegetable Growing
- Teagasc Brassica Webinar
Vegetable Webinar focusing on Brassica, hosted by the Teagasc Horticulture Development Department which took place on Tuesday, 1st of December 2020. Webinar hosts Andy Whelton & Eoin Sweetman, Teagasc were joined by Andy Richardson and Dr. Michael Gaffney for the recent Teagasc Vegetable webinar which focused on Brassica.
- Teagasc Carrot Fly Webinar
Vegetable Webinar focusing on Carrot Fly, hosted by the Teagasc Horticulture Development Department, took place on Tuesday, 26th January 2021. Webinar hosts Andy Whelton & Eoin Sweetman, Teagasc Horticulture Development Department were joined by leading UK entomologist and researcher Prof. Rosemary Collier of Warwick University and UK carrot and parsnip consultant Colin Noble of Vegetable Consultancy Services Ltd.
- Sustainable Soil Health Management in Vegetable Production Webinar
The third webinar in the Teagasc Vegetable Series took place on Wednesday, 3rd March 2021. This webinar focused on the specific challenges for field vegetable production on soil health. Hosts Eoin Sweetman and Andy Whelton, Teagasc Horticulture Development Department were joined by Dermot Forristal & Mark Plunkett, Teagasc as well as Agronomist and farm manager David Thomas from Riveira Produce, Cornwall, UK.
- Weed Control in Brassica, Roots, Alliums and Leafy Salad Vegetable Crops Webinar
The fourth webinar in the Teagasc Vegetable Webinar Series took place on Wednesday, 24th March 2021. This webinar gives an update on key results from AHDB trials and suggested programmes for key crops including all Brassicas, Roots, Alliums and Leafy Salads.
- Researchers at Teagasc, Universities of Warwick and Sussex are working to develop data – based decision support for growers wishing to find strategies for meeting the EU green deal requirements on agricultural inputs whilst minimising food loss. Field-grown head lettuce is being used as the exemplar crop in the development of a proof-of-concept tool. An online workshop took place across two days.
- This webinar on Tuesday, 20th April at 8pm focused on: Clubroot in Vegetable Brassica Production. The Teagasc Horticulture Development team were joined by internationally renowned clubroot expert Prof. Geoff Dixon who will speak on ‘Managing Clubroot Successfully’.
- This webinar on Tuesday, 11th of May at 8pm focused on best practice in spray application in vegetable production where were joined by independent UK spray consultant Tom Robinson.
- Dry rot in Swedes (PDF)
- Mint Rust Technical Note (PDF)
- Rhizoctonia (PDF)
- Lettuce Fusarium Wilt (PDF)
- Hygiene measures to reduce spread of Fusarium (PDF)
- Pumpkins Technical Note (PDF)
- Iceberg Lettuce Technical Note (PDF)
- Courgettes Technical Note (PDF)
- Vegetable Propagation in Modules (PDF)
- Identifying natural enemies of Aphid in Brassica Crops (PDF)
- Brussels Sprouts Technical Note (PDF)
- Celery Technical Note (PDF)
- Growing Cherry Tomatoes for Flavour (PDF)
- Sulphur (S) Requirements of Brassica Crops (PDF)
- Swedes Technical Note (PDF)
- Broccoli Technical Note (PDF)
- Leeks Technical Note (PDF)
- Organic Horticulture Factsheet (PDF)
- List of Common Horticultural Weeds (PDF)
- Illustrated Guide to Horticultural Weeds (PDF)
- Guide to Identifying Tillage Weeds (PDF)
- Mind-your-own-business (PDF)
- Lawn Weed Control (PDF)
- A Guide to Vegetable Growing - 9th Edition (PDF, 5.4MB)
Hard copies of this publication are available at the cost of €15 euros/copy including postage. Please contact Therese Dempsey, Teagasc, Oak Park, Carlow on 059 9183422 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with credit card details for payment. If paying by cheque, cheques need to be made payable to Teagasc.