Research Projects – Related to Soil Fertility
- Fate of phosphorus fertiliser Inputs to agricultural soils; Quantifying gross P transformation rates and soil P supply (Mathematical modelling of soil biomass, SFI Funded Project in collaboration with University of Limerick)
- Evaluating the role of precision nutrient management in sustainable intensification of grass based dairy farms (RMIS 6568 (RURAGI funded in collaboration with UCD)
- Variability in soil N and P availability and response to applied fertilizers in grassland soils (RMIS 6336) (Teagasc Funded in conjunction with Queens University Belfast and AFBI, NI).
- Fertiliser N requirement to optimise yield and quality of spring barley (RMIS 6097) (Teagasc funded, in collaboration with University of Reading, UK)
- Sustainable nitrogen fertiliser use and disaggregated emissions of nitrogen on grassland and arable systems [SUDEN] (RMIS 6415), (DAFM funded)
- Studies on the supply of nitrogen from soil to wheat (RMIS 6527) (Teagasc funded in collaboration with UCD).
- Developing soil specific nitrogen advice (RMIS 6165) (Teagasc funded in collaboration with University of Aberdeen and James Hutton Institute, Scotland).
- Lime and trace elements: quantification of the interactions between soil pH, nutrient efficiency and trace-elements for contrasting soil types (RMIS 6249) (Teagasc funded).
- Assessment of the supply of nitrogen from the soil to winter wheat in Ireland (RMIS 6013) (Teagasc funded, in collaboration with University College Dublin, Ireland).
- Predicting slurry variability using nutrient assessment tools: improving precision of nutrient advice (RMIS 6094) (Teagasc funded, in collaboration with Queens University Belfast and AFBI, NI).
- Phosphorus requirements for grass and animal production, and interactions with soil pH and nitrogen (RMIS 6095) (Teagasc funded, in collaboration with Queens University Belfast and AFBI, NI).