Part time courses are offered during regular academic term at Level 5 & Level 6 alongside our full time programme.
Level 5 Components:
These courses are intended for those who have a keen interest in horticulture and who wish to improve their skills and competence in these areas.
These courses include:
- Landscape Construction and Maintenance Level 5 (PDF)
- Plant ID and Use Level 5 (PDF) *
- Plant Propagation Level 5 (PDF) *
- Plant Protection Level 5 (PDF)
- Horticulture Mechanisation Level 5 (PDF)
- Fruit and Vegetable Production level 5 (PDF)
- Plant Science
- Soil Science & Growing Media
* These two components are currently full for September 2018, however you can still apply online to be added to a waiting list.
Level 6 Component:
These courses are intended for prospective students who are currently employed in the horticulture industry and who wish to further their career development in their chosen sector. These courses will enable the student to develop a greater understanding of the sciences underpinning their sector and will also help them improve their skills and competence at a practical level.
These courses include*:
- Landscape Design and Construction Level 6 (PDF)
- Sports Turf Science Level 6 (PDF)
- Market Gardening Level 6 (PDF)
- Nursery Stock Production Level 6 (PDF)
- Tree & Shrub Management Level 6 (PDF)
- Garden Centre Operations Level 6 (PDF)
- Ecology & the Enviroment Level 6 (PDF)
* All components are subject to numbers.
Part time Summer Courses:
Please contact the college for more information about 'Summer Courses'.