The current pandemic will have a huge impact on all service delivery in Ireland. Everyone is aware of the impact that social distancing will have on the provision of all services in the country and education delivery is no exception. In the event that the Government and the HSE issues further guidelines in relation to social distancing and consequent classroom usage we will be following these appropriately. Our current plan for Hort course delivery in September 2020 will include a combination of online theory classes which may be taken by the student in real time or at a time that suits them, and for the purposes of practical instruction and assessment , small practical groups will be held in the National Botanic Gardens or Teagasc Ashtown that consist of socially distanced groups wearing appropriate PPE. Students will have the capacity for learning online remotely and taking appropriate exams in a similar way. Students will need a suitable device to access the internet for this purpose. Practical schedules and class programmes will be outlined at the start of the academic programme in order that students can plan around this.
LEVEL 5 SUMMER ONLINE COMPONENT AWARDS (Part-Time Modules)
See below for payment methods. Deadline for applications is Friday the 5th of June 2020.
LEVEL 5 COMPONENT AWARDS (Part-Time Modules)
Open for application from the 8th June - 31st July 2020.
- Fruit & Vegetable Production
- Horticultural Mechanisation (runs in January)
- Garden Design (runs in January)
- Biodiversity in the Natural Environment- (runs in January)
- Turf Grass Establishment and Maintenance
- Plant Science
- Soil Science
- Landscape Construction and Maintenance
- Plant ID and Use Level 5
- Plant Propagation Level 5
- Plant Protection Level 5
- Work Practice
LEVEL 6 COMPONENT AWARDS (Part-Time Modules)
Open for application from the 8th of June 2020.
- Ecology & the Enviroment Level 6
- Garden Centre Operations Level 6
- Landscape Design
- Market Gardening Level 6
- Nursery Stock Production Level 6
- Sports Turf Science Level 6
- Tree & Shrub Management Level 6
- Garden & Parks Supervision
- Horticulture Production Mechanisation