Kildalton College is the largest College in the Teagasc network and has enviable facilities to provide a top quality learning environment.
Kildalton College offers on-campus student accommodation at a reasonable cost. The accommodation consists of 80 single bedrooms with study facilities and all rooms have private vanity units. Bathroom and showering facilities are shared and all residential students have access to laundry facilities. Tea and coffee making facilities are available on each floor for shared use.
Offers of accommodation will be made to students who have accepted full time courses prior to the start of their course. Since rooms in the college are limited the college will allocate rooms as course fees are paid. A list of private accommodation available locally can be requested from the college office.
Students on second year courses generally prefer to find their own accommodation. Students on Higher Level Courses at WIT arrange their own accommodation in the Waterford City, Carrick-on-Suir or Piltown. An accommodation list is available from WIT Accommodation Office for WIT students Tel: (051) 306100 or (051) 302615.
In addition to standard classrooms there are many workshops/training facilities in Kildalton College which provide modern resources for students to learn by doing. This enables skills delivery for students to be practiced on site, whatever the weather conditions. Many of these workshops are provided with modern multimedia equipment to enhanced student learning. Some of practical learning workshops are listed below.
• Fabrication workshops including welding booths
• Machinery workshops
• Crops and soils workshops
• Building construction workshop
• Pesticide and fertiliser application workshop
• Milking machines demonstration unit
• Crop demonstration area
• All weather pad – Used for fertiliser & pesticide application/Quad training/Tractor driving
• Biodiversity demonstration areas
Horticulture training facilities
• Green keeping machinery workshop
• Orchards, soft fruit enterprise, vegetable enterprise.
• Extensive area of established gardens and woodlands for amenity horticulture
• Glasshouses and polytunnels for nursery stock production
• Protected crop glasshouse
• Golf course for sports turf management and greenkeeping.
Equine training facilities
• One indoor and two outdoor arenas
• Cross country course
• 50 stables for student training
• Riding horses, brood mares and young stock
Computer Rooms / Classrooms
There are seven computers rooms available at Kildalton College for student use. Students will be given log-in details on arrival and computers can be used for student projects and teaching of industry used software packages. Free wifi is also available to students throughout the college campus.
Facilities at Kildalton College now include 2 new laboratories which are equipped with a range of modern scientific equipment enabling students to carry out microbiological and soil analysis work. These new technologies allow students to gain valuable knowledge and experience relevant to their agricultural or horticultural careers.