Sustainable Farming is a farming approach that can be sustained into the foreseeable future.
It is a way of farming that:
- will be even more efficient and productive in ten or twenty years than it is today; and
- will maintain and shape our countryside as a high-quality place in which to work and live.
Sustainability can be considered under the three broad pillars, economic, environment and social
Research from Johnstown Castle
- How to include farmland habitats in sustainability assessments (PDF)
- Farming and natural resource measures for ecological sustainability. FARM-ECOS (PDF)
- Phosphorus management in organic soils for sustainable agriculture (PDF)