Certificate of Competence Animal Welfare Training
(Teagasc - RBAI EC 1099/2009)
Structure: A one day Certificate of Competence training workshop focusing on Beef, Lamb, Pork and Equine slaughter specifically for small premises regulated by the Local Authority veterinary officers.
Purpose: To enable participants to comply with EC 1099/2009.
An intensive workshop on the application of EC 1099/2009 in the domestic abattoir
- The Handling and Care of Animals Before they are restrained
- The Restraint of Animals for the Purpose of Stunning or Killing
- The Stunning of Animals
- The Assessment of Effective Stunning
- The Shackling or Hoisting of Live Animals
- The Bleeding of Live Animals
- The Slaughter of Animals in accordance with EC 1099/2009 Article 4(4),slaughter without prior stunning.
The course covers all 7 competencies and provides the theoretical training necessary for obtaining a Certificate of Competence which is achieved by successful completion of this course AND satisfying the Department of Agriculture nominated Veterinary inspector that the “theory” has been satisfactorily applied in practical work situations.
Included in the course is a review of a DVD on the “practicalities” of relevant work place activities and welfare implications on product quality.
Date and Venue Information
Please follow link for Training Schedule
To book a place on this training course please complete the online booking form
Alternatively contact Course Administration:
Tel: 01-8059520 (direct) 01-8059500 (general)