Laboratory Auditing (QQI)
Laboratories as a customer and/or regulatory requirement must maintain a Laboratory Quality System based on ISO/17025. The standard mandates the requirement to verify the laboratory's activities through a programme of internal audits performed by trained and experienced competent auditors.
This course is designed to facilitate auditor competency for the purpose of laboratory auditing. Participants will gain detailed knowledge of the requirements of ISO/17025 from an audit perspective and in the principles, practices and techniques of auditing.
Who Should Attend?
Laboratory Managers, Quality Manages or other personnel associated with the implementation of the laboratory quality system or the performance of internal audits.
The 2-day training course will address the following topics:-
- Overview of the requirements of ISO/17025 with a perspective on auditing.
- How an internal audit system is documented
- Role of auditor and auditee.
- Preparation for carrying out successful audits.
- The use and preparation of checklists for auditing.
Identifying and categorising non conformances
- Corrective and preventative action
- Documenting non-conformances and corrective action.
- Follow up on audit findings.
The training course will be delivered by Dr. Gerard Barry, Teagasc Food Research Centre, Ashtown, Dublin 15.
Assessment and Certification
Assessment is by means of written examinations and completion of coursework. This course is certified through QQI at level 6.
Course Venue, Duration, Dates & Fees
Please follow link for Training Schedule